The Bid Process
Here's what happens once you've filled out the bid
- The Bid Coordinator will be
notified of your bid. The Bid Coordinator will read the information you've
supplied. If there are any immediate questions, the Bid Coordinator will contact
you, to work with you to clarify your bid.
- The Bid Coordinator notifies the Bid Committee of the new bid. The Bid
Committee consists of several con volunteers, with a wide variety of LARP
experience, at Intercon and elsewhere. The Bid Committee is deliberately large
and varied, in order to represent the diversity of people who come to the con.
Several people will look at your bid.
- The Bid Committee discusses each bid. They'll be
looking at the bid for answers to questions such as:
- Does the game look interesting?
- Does it look like a game that people will enjoy?
- Is this a game that will appeal to the typical Intercon audience?
- Is it a game that's different from games already accepted for the
- Is this a game that helps to create a rich and varied mix of games at the
- Do the game space and time requirements fit within the Intercon budget for
space and time?
- Will the game bring new people into the con?
This may result in further questions back to you. It is why it's so important
that you fill in the bid form completely to begin with.
- Once consensus has been reached, the Bid Coordinator will notify the Con
Chair. The Con Chair is the final arbiter of game acceptance. When the Con Chair
has made a decision, the Bid Coordinator will let you know what has been
- If the bid is accepted, it will be added to the schedule. Announcements
about the con will contain advertisements about all the open games in the
schedule, including yours! We also encourage you to advertise your game (and
Intercon) in your LARP group.
If the bid is rejected, we'll try to explain why it doesn't meet our needs.
We get a lot of game bids, and some just don't fit. If your bid is rejected, we
hope you'll still come to the convention, to have a great time in all of the
Still have questions? Please drop a note to the Bid Coordinator. We want to make it easy
for you to bid your game.
Copyright © 2013, New England Interactive Literature
All Rights Reserved