New England Interactive Literature
Welcome to New England Interactive Literature (NEIL), a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) organization all about Live Action Role Playing (LARP).
Our goal: Encouraging Live Action Role-Playing throughout New England and beyond.
Ask ten LARPers in the area, and you'll get thirteen or fourteen different definitions of what LARP is. That's why we:
- Run the New England Intercon convention, the premiere multi-genre all-LARP convention, that tries to attract as many different kinds of LARP as we can find. Hundreds of LARPers converge on Intercon every spring, to play in several of the dozens of LARPs on the schedule. We'd love to play in your LARPs, so propose running something. There are also panels, workshops, and discussions throughout the con.
- Run NELCO, the New England LARP Conference, with panels, workshops, and discussions about the theory and practice of LARP. NELCO is designed for LARP creators and GMs, to exchange ideas and experiences. Come teach us what you've learned!
- Run Build Your Own Game (BYOG) seminars, an intense weekend-long effort to write and run a new LARP. Experienced writers and people who've never written a LARP before get together to produce interesting and successful LARPs.
- Sponsor the Iron GM LARP writing competitions. Teams of writers sign up to produce new LARPs that are run on Sundays at Intercon, for prizes and recognition. Volunteers are also needed to read and evaluate the LARPs before Intercon, to help determine the winners.
- Publish the Game Wrap yearly journal, focusing on the art and craft of Live Action Role Playing. Submissions are welcome and encouraged; see the Game Wrap publications pages for all the details.
- Host a LARP Library, with complete LARPs you can download and run. The LARP Library includes our contest LARPs and more. Submissions are also welcome. These LARPs are free, so check them out and grow your LARP community!
- Look for brilliant and clever new ideas about how we can grow LARPing and the LARP community, in New England and beyond. Tell us about it; if it's something NEIL can help with, there's a lot we can do to make the idea into reality.
Use the links on the left to learn more about who we are and what we do. Then come join us and tell us all about your LARPs!